Friday, October 16, 2009

Holy Crap

Man-o-man dingo. John Mayer is a very sexy man. What I'm really excited for is underneath this jacket. Wait...i mean. Between the covers....like you know the cd covers. woah. ok like i mean...the music. phew. Is it hot in here? No? Just me? ok.

Suffice it to say Mr. Mayer's last album (continuum) changed my life. He's just one of those logophiles that speaks to my soul. He's 1 part dreamy mcstud-muffin and 1 part brutal honesty with a with a dash of sweet sophistication. Not to mention one of the greatest (if not THE) greatest guitar players of our generation. But his type of guitar is so refreshing to me. Not so centered on riffing guitar solos, his climax is in his chords. I remember a Rolling Stone interview several years ago where he speaks about the first time he picked up a guitar. He looked at it inquisitively and thought something like "what are you hiding." I can always hear that in his music. I won't bore you with the details of how much I love his live playing (another perk of living in L.A. is that if you watch his twitter, you can see him play about once a month)- thats a whole other story.

Heres to music that moves-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE John Mayer too Miss Ali - love his music, love his voice, love his looks ... not QUITE as much as my main man, Keith Urban though - who is also an incredible guitarist and sexy as all get out, but I can admit, John does sing better and has better songs! :)

McCall said...

WHAT!?!! My Mom said John Mayer has better songs then her "main squeeze" Keith?? You do know she went to his concert by herself twice, right? Love her. ;) You need to call me! And yes, I was always a princess for Halloween. Never been scary in 25 years. Ha.