Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Apartment...so far

I LOVE seeing pics of other peoples houses so I thought I would share some of mine. Decorating this place has been a very slow process but I'm finally making some progress. Tomorrow I will be attempting to build a buffet and a custom desk...i'll let you know how it goes and post a tutorial.


Here's my bookcase. Reading is so dear and comfortable to me that I wanted it to feel eclectic. There is definitely a mix of classic literature and picture books. I like the tulle because I don't think of books as school...I think of them as escapes to different worlds so I think the mess of tulle is fitting.

I like how my camera accented Harry Potter. I'm steeling coming off my Potter Mania!


Here is my kitchen table area. The wall art is done by Shepard Fairey. He is one of my faves. I got these original signed prints a while back and then he was commissioned to do the Obama campaign art and he pretty much blew up. I love the way they look and more importantly what they stand for.


OBEY!


Here is another Fairey print, this time in my bedroom. I also have a facination for birds and it is definitely a reoccuring theme for me...hence the birdcage. The dresser is a family heirloom that I refinished and put on some cool hardware. This is one of my favorite pieces of furniture I own.


Yet again another Fairey print (I promise that this is the last) with a great message : ) The blank space will be a small table sooner or later.


This mirror is a great thrift find ($3) with a nice coat of glossy red paint. The candle holder was also a Goodwill treat and that is the origional color.



Aaah...the kitchen. A little birds on the wire theme going accross the cabinets. I also love the English propaganda poster. A motto I try to live by "keep calm and carry on"

All the little ducks in a row.


Hope you like! More to come when I get to workin!



4 comments:

Chelsi said...

Ali your apartment in darling! I love your white dresser, so vintage! And your red birds on the cabinets. Good Job!!!

Sam Jo said...

I wanted to do vinyl on my cabinets but my husband says no. I will probly just do it anyways! VEry cute place! GO HARRY POTTER!Two Christmass ago I got the whole set of Harry Potter in a Hogwarts Chest! I am afraid to even read from them because I ruined all my others hardbacks by reading them so much!

Lindsay said...

LOOKS AWESOME!

I love vintage too! Your life excites me! It looks like you are right in your element ali dear!

alibrough said...

Awww thanks guys...

Chelsi- Beware...there is a post coming soon concerning little Brody.

Sam- Husbands schmudmands...do it girl!

Linds- I love vintage but I like to mix it up too. Mostly I just love decorating my own place. So dang much fun. You definitely have great style!

Love you guys!