Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cheep Cheep!

What Can You Buy For $50


I had a conversation with a friend a couple of weeks ago about how $50 gets you nothing these days. So I gave myself a little challenge...What can I get for $50. The idea being that you get the most stuff possible. By the looks of it...I think I did a pretty good job.



The mod candle holder and candles, American Greats book, and Cork board were all found at Goodwill = $6.00

The spool of tulle, 5 bottles of paint, and light set were from Walmart = 18.00


The two huge picture frames were from Big Lots = $10.00

Fabric was from Walmart = $1.00

Andy Warhol book, smaller picture frame and magazine rack were also from Goodwill = $10.00



And last but not least! This cool gas pump drink station was from GoodWill for $5

That puts my grand total at $50.00 (i rounded the change to the nearest dollar)


Now I challenge YOU! What can you get for $50? Or $15 or $100. You set your own price and see what great finds you can come up with. I must say this was a mighty fun challenge!!

Good Luck and be sure to let me know how it goes!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

ali ali! can i just say i love your blog. it seriously doesn't seem like it's been almost 3.5 years since we were roommates. i really loved being your roommate so much! you taught me a lot about having fun and enjoying life:). and i have a blog. not great...but here it is jamiekarpowitz.blogspot.com

McCall said...

i beat all of this! i just got a new kitchen aid for 90 BUCKS!!! and just busted out some sunday peanut butter cookies. i feel so domestic. ;)

Shan @ Design Gal said...

andrew would DIE if he had that tiny gas pump! great finds! dont you just love the good will?!