Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yum-O

I'm Trying to be a Daring Baker (baby steps)




Even though I just cook dinner for myself every night (who am I kidding...the taco bell drive through knows me by the sound of my voice) I try to have something a little more than just a frozen dinner. Here are some pics of my Italian feast. Homemade 4 Cheese Ravioli with store bought sauce, Caesar salad with fresh Parmesan, asiago bread with balsamic vinegar and of course a nice rich Merlot to round it all out. It was delicious. Here is the Ravioli Recipe!

Pasta Dough

2 lbs. flour
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. warm water

Make a well with 3/4 of the flour; add salt and eggs to the well and mix together slowly, adding water as necessary. Knead about 10 minutes; cover and let dough rest for 10 minutes, then knead again until very smooth. This dough is now ready to use: Ravioli, lasagna, fettuccine, cannelloni, etc

Ravioli

1 large carton ricotta
2 bunches spinach
1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
1 1/2 cups cheese
2 egg whites
salt and pepper, to taste

To Make the Filling: Cook Spinach; squeeze out water and chop. Add other ingredients and blend together.

To add filling to the dough Roll out dough and cut in to whatever shape of ravioli you would like. Add a spoonful of filling and fold a piece of dough over the top.

Place the ravioli in a pot of boiling water when they rise to the surface they are cooked.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

You are legit Ali. I'm gonna have to try this. If it works for me I'll be in pasta heaven.