Friday, July 17, 2009

This one is for Jodi

My lovely friend Jodi informed me that I am an idiot and forgot to link to the Butterbeer Recipe... here it is.

While I am on the subject I thought I would take a moment to maybe start a mini movement. I don't know how many of you follow twitter but they have #followingfridays where you post a tweet with your favorite tweeter so other people can get in on the action. Here is a list of my top 5 bloggers...most of them are crafty...some are just witty but I love them all. I would love to hear yours as well!

-this is in random order because I simply can't pick a favorite

1- Heather Bailey- She is a brilliant designer with a style I love! If you venture to her site you must check out her studio here.---I know...I have died and gone to heaven. She always has great things to talk about.

2- IS-LY by Melissa Esplin- She is a sister of a friend and I have been following her blog for about two years now and she inspires me all the time. Her little blog has grown from just pics of an art collection to a full blown feast of ideas. And although this has never been discussed...I did tell her sister that I was naming my first child Penelope before Melissa got prego...just sayin...and just kiddin. Check out my fave post here...leg warmers for baby....my ovaries are screaming!

3- Design Sponge- This blog is great for everything. Plus my blogger friend The Design Gal herself was just featured on this site here. Go Shannon! Too bad I live in an apartment or I would be all over these garden spheres...I think I would stencil or paint them...aaaah someday Ill have a yard and a handy man of my own.

4- Dooce- I have quite a but in common with this little lady and I like the way she tells it like it is. This blog is not for the faint of heart but I think she is ever-so-endearing and always makes me laugh. She has a section called "How to annoy me" and she voices all the little things that bug everyday. Needless to say, it's hilarious. Here's one of my faves.

5- All of you. I love reading everyone's blogs and hearing all you stories. Its like one big novel with all these different beautiful, interesting, unique characters. Keep up the good work.


Now...tell me who you follow and why you love them...

Happy Blogging!

4 comments:

McCall said...

Hilarious...I was getting on to tell you to go here:

http://dearcjane.blogspot.com/2009/07/banana-clip.html

and i found this post asking for fave blogs (this is one of mine) AND the Saved By The Bell post where the above link would also be appropriate. I didn't know where to comment.

PS I still watch SBTB on TV some mornings. ;)

McCall said...

Also check out this link:

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2009/06/fast-food-fun.html

YUM and CUTIE!

Melissa said...

I am in love with the cement spheres! Gosh I wish I were in a place where I could do that, too.

Thanks for the sweet comments about my blog!!! You friends with Emily? I'm just in love with your dog's name ;) it's super cute. Although, I think I might be more partial to Penelope Pearl.

Jodi said...

Al! I'm so slow on this one. I love all the blogs you mentioned and I also love

Apartment Therapy when I'm in a DIY decorating mood: www.apartmenttherapy.com

also

Cup of Jo posts pretty things throughout the day but her weekly roundups can usually keep me entertained for hours:
http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/

I've got more but those are two that popped into my mind first.

Love ya!