Thursday, September 3, 2009

i mourn for my city




These days, my beautiful blue skies have been transformed into a grim smokey grey. If you haven't been following it, Southern California is suffering though the biggest wildfire in LA history (and we are no stranger to wildfires.) News was released tonight that the fire was, in fact, arson. How could it be? People and animals have died. Hundreds are homeless. Lives forever changed, beauty forever burned, mother earth scarred and all of this blood is on the hands of one reckless individual. For some reason, it is such a different feeling when we all thought it was an act of nature...but to know that we are hurting each other... it sends me realing. My heart goes out to those who watched their homes burn, to the animals who are so helpless, and to the thousands who are still evacuated waiting to learn their fate. I wish there were more that I could do. I mourn for my beautiful city.




2 comments:

McCall said...

that's why you need to hurry to utah to get some bebe kisses and brighten your day. we're counted down until you come.

even though the fires are tragic...these are such pretty pictures.

love ya!

Sam Jo said...

So sad! I can not even imagine losing my home and posessions to a fire!