Sunday, November 29, 2009

Im the big wiener!

So I have never won anything before. Well gird your loins because my luck is shifting. Actually I take it all back, I play the lottery here a lot and when I play Daily 5 I usually win a free play. But other than that nothin. No concert tickets from the radio, no mall drawings to win a free car, no publishers clearing house knocking down my door on thanksgiving day.

Well, I just won a giveaway of a homemade turkey magnet from my friend Helena's blog. I remember like three months ago when she asked facebook if she should start a blog. I enthusiastically advocated it to begin. Well its only been three months and I would say she is probably in the 150 posts range. And she is hilarious to boot. So if you are looking for a good blog to stalk, I whole-heartedly reccomend her. My favorite storyline of her life is her adventures with the Wives in Pittsburgh.

My other blog topic is the BYU Utah game.

Ok- I am a Ute fan. Its where my degree is from and I just decided to root for them. Everyone seems to be all up in arms about BYU QB Mall Hall's comments. I gotta say- I just don't think its a big deal. Who cares about talking trash in a press conference. So what he doesn't like the Utes. Did you think he would have good things to say?

Remember his playing last year? Imagine the hell he has been living for the last 12 months getting constant flack about last years game. He was riled up. And us Ute fans are a rowdy crowd. I don't doubt that someone Ute related probably poured beer on his parents (now they have to repent...kidding kidding...but bummer that BYU doesn't give the QB's parents some space in the booth). Who cares?

But my biggest complaint is with all of us Ute fans calling him "classless." That was his insult duh. Can't we come up with something original to say or are we gonna just keep saying "i know you are but what am i"? I hold us to higher creative standards than that. For instance, lets draw some cartoons or make some video mashups. But lets be gracious losers. We should really be kissing the feet of Max Hall right now because he just pissed us off so much that there is NO WAY we will ever lose to them again.

1 comments:

Sam Jo said...

I am glad you be the weiner!!!!