Friday, December 4, 2009

The Greatest Gift.

The greatest gift I have ever gotten was from my mom.

She told me to FOLLOW MY DREAMS. And she kept telling me until I believed her.

I used to come home everyday with a new one (and by used to I mean still do) I had 7 or 8 different majors in college. Not because I didn't like any of them, but because I loved them ALL. I still think of jobs all the time that I would love to do such as dog groomer and flower shop delivery person.

I consider it a luxury to have someone to call and tell about my desire to become a professional quilter and know that she is going to think it is a great idea. If I ever have kids (i really hope i do) I hope I can be that person for them.

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

That really is the greatest gift! What a fabulous mom you have. I bet you miss not living close to her, but its always great to pick up the phone and know you can chat with her.

Sam Jo said...

Your Mom is the greatest! Give her a big hug from me next time you see her!

Unknown said...

That really is a good thing for your mom to have "given" you Miss Ali! I try to send that same message to my kids too.

I wanted to be a movie star, but my dream was squashed pretty early on because I didn't get that kind of support ... sadders. :(

But I believe in you too! I know that you can do anything you put your mind to. And I LOVE that you had so many majors that made you happy! See, I was much more of a confused college student - I just couldn't pick.

Lindsay said...

How sweet! I love that! There is nothing like a mother who encourages her kids to do whatever they want in life! I bet your mama was all smiles when she read this.